Human Resources Coordinator
Category:: Staff and Administrators
Department:: 5410 (HR-Human Res.& Affirm.Action)
Locations:: Worcester, MA
Posted:: Feb 12, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time - Exempt
Ref. No.:: 199895
Position ID:: 128264
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub
General Administrative support responsibilities:
- Maintain personnel files, including archiving and conducting audits to ensure employee files are accurate and in-compliance, proper storage & destruction of records; coordinate, organize and maintain employment files for staff and faculty; organize, edit and maintain HR files, forms and materials.
- Manage the HR calendar and e-mail in-box; sends out general announcements to campus partners.
- Assist the Director with the budget reconciliation; process purchase orders, invoices, and input data into the E-procurement system (SmartBuy Plus).
- Plan and coordinate the annual Long Service Employee Recognition event; Creates invitations, tracks RSVP's, reserves space, assist the Director with creating the menu; orders gifts; update power point presentation.
- Serve as liaison on various employee engagement events to provide a variety of administrative support to include processing SmartBuy Plus Purchase Orders, etc?
- Hire, train and supervise student employees; in consultation with the HR team, coordinate and prioritize student projects.
- Prepare and coordinate meeting logistics for HR events, including room reservations, working with vendors and catering needs.
- Manage the Petty Cash box to include the movie ticket purchase program: purchase tickets from the movie theaters, tracks payment, and ensures account reconciliation.
Benefits support responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the annual Tuition Exchange Program to include confirming eligibility, scheduling the information session, facilitate the lottery drawing, and notification to applicants, etc?
- In collaboration with the Sr. Assistant Director, monitor and process the Tuition Benefit, which may involve determining eligibility, evaluating, researching, and approving forms
- Process Retired Faculty Health Reimbursements each quarter. Update and prepare fiscal year end finance forms for audit purposes.
- Update Facilities Management Earned Time accruals as needed.
- Process Donated Sick Time requests and generate follow-up notifications to recipients.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the annual Open Enrollment and Benefits Fair to include maintaining the virtual platform
- Reconcile and process monthly premium payments for the Life, Long Term Disability Insurance as well as the private self-funded paid family and medical leave benefit
- Answer general benefits related questions and elevate to the appropriate HR team member when necessary.
Employment/On-boarding support responsibilities:
- Support the Associate Director with posting job opportunities through Hirezon/Interview Exchange applicant tracking system when needed.
- Assist with the intake of requisite employment forms to ensure the completion and accuracy.
- Oversee the retention of mandatory forms (including I-9) for government compliance, tax forms, new hire folders, separations folders, position folders, etc.
- Prepare and maintain HR materials such as new hire packets, general HR forms, and the electronic forms on the HR intranet page.
- In consultation with the Associate Director, generate, maintain, and distribute weekly employment Activity List and maintain monthly/annual updates for the HR website to include the "Comings & Goings".
- Schedule exit interviews and ensure employment files are properly closed and stored.
- Answer general hiring/on-boarding related questions and elevate to the appropriate HR team member when necessary.
HRIS support responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the HRIS Analyst as need on special projects and/or data clean up efforts.
Salary Increase and Performance Management support responsibilities:
- Manage the communication of the 6-month review and annual review process; assist with following up and tracking the return of the reviews.
- Assist the Director with generating and distributing annual salary increase letters.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required; additional degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of professional administrative experience with an emphasis on customer service within a human resources office required.
- Prior experience updating, auditing and archiving personnel files in a Human Resources setting preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suit products: Word, Access, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, required and experience with various databases related to e-procurement systems (SmartBuy) and Applicant Tracking (Hirezon/Interview Exchange) preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently and shift priorities when necessary.
- Proven attention to detail and methods for ensuring accuracy.
- Capable of maintaining a professional demeanor and ability to respectfully diffuse sensitive situations.
- Appropriately direct employees/applicants/visitors to suitable areas that can provide assistance.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand how each process relates to the larger goals of the office and the University.
- Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times and handle sensitive information with confidentiality and tact.
- Prior exposure to accounting concepts or experience with budget reconciliation.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
This is a Full-time position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks' vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.