Administrative Assistant II
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224077
The Administrative Assistant II is a full-time position working closely with the Executive Assistant in Information Technology. The primary duties of the Administrative Assistant II will be to provide clerical and administrative support within the office of Information Technology. This position will serve as the first point of contact for the department.Responsibilities
- Provide clerical and administrative support for the Office of Information Technology ("OIT").
- Provide front desk coverage for the OIT suite
- Enter requisitions for purchase requests into the PeopleSoft system.
- Provide back-up and be crossed trained in updating the departmental budgets using the One USG accounting system.
- Process prior approvals and travel/expense reports for all travel requests for OIT personnel.
- Process approved invoices for payment by scanning and sending the invoices to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Complete new hire process, to include - scheduling interviews, creating candidate interview packets, etc.
- Maintain and update the electronic filing systems for invoices and purchases processed in OIT
- Handle Pcard purchases for OIT, including monthly reconciliation of all transactions.
- Schedule meeting requests that are received through 25-Live, emails, and phone calls for the OIT conference room
- Contribute to continuous improvement in office administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of work experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Prior work experience as an Administrative Assistant in the private or public sector (e.g. Higher Ed, etc.)
- 2 Year / Associate Degree
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]Background Check