Part-Time Lower School Music Teacher
Category:: York Country Day School
Department:: York Country Day School
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Feb 11, 2021
Closes:: Feb 26, 2021 - 11:59 PM EST
Position ID:: 128240
About York College of Pennsylvania:
Founded in 1953, York Country Day School is a progressive, independent, college preparatory school in York, PA serving students in pre-K through twelfth grade. York Country Day School inspires and nurtures the innovative and creative spirit of students as they pursue their intellectual promise, as well as social and civic passions. Students at York Country Day School are known and valued as integral members of an engaging community. YCDS is an affiliate of York College of PA and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
York Country Day School, an independent college preparatory school in York, Pennsylvania, is seeking a Part-Time Lower School Music Teacher for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. The ideal candidate will have a thorough background in vocal and instrumental music and is passionate about teaching young children, has strong instructional and classroom-management skills, experience collaborating closely with colleagues and parents, and capable of creating an environment that fosters a love of learning. YCDS seeks a positive, energetic, student-centered educator with experience working with students of all levels of accomplishment.
The YCDS faculty is innovative and collaborative and we seek candidates to complement the strengths of our program and to add their own expertise and background to provide additional breadth to the core curriculum. The Lower School Music Teacher will be responsible for teaching students ages 3 to 11 years old. The YCDS music program approaches learning music through joyful, engaging, hands-on participation in creating and performing both vocal and instrumental music.
The following are specific teaching and coordinating responsibilities associated with this position:
- Teach Preschool (3-year olds) through grade five general music classes (with a possibility for teaching some Middle School classes, depending on experience and interest).
- Develop curricula and implement lessons that incorporate a range of learning approaches and differentiation opportunities to excite and engage students, paying particular attention to the importance of multicultural approaches.
- Create a student-centered classroom environment with a positive approach to discipline.
- Prepare students and coordinating various performances/assemblies/shows throughout the year.
- Collaborate with classroom and specialist teachers in order to continually search for innovative ways to educate the whole child.
- Keep anecdotal and assessment records to inform thoughtful, comprehensive reports and ongoing parent communication.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Music in Music, Music Education or Performance.
- A Master's degree or another advanced degree is preferable.
- Have at least five years experience teaching general and vocal music to elementary school children.
- Experience with distance learning, Google Classroom, and Seesaw.
- Experience integrating technology and applying 21st-century learning within the classroom.
- A collaborative mindset and commitment to professional growth and personal development.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by February 26, 2021.