Senior Enrollment Marketing and Communications Specialist
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Senior Enrollment Marketing and Communications Specialist
Position #00781195 – Requisition #20184
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. Position Emphasis:This position is a member of the University Communications team and works in support of CU Denver’s overall enrollment marketing strategy. This position implements multiple marketing campaigns supporting recruitment and yield efforts across a broad spectrum of markets and ensures that all media are fully utilized. This position requires strong writing and creative skills, an understanding of data analytics, teamwork competencies, ability to effectively use communications tools, and a comprehension of the enrollment and retention process from prospective student to commencementEXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing and content implementation
- Support and implement marketing, communications, and promotional plans and materials to recruit and yield undergraduate—first-year and transfer—students, through channels including email, printed materials, social media, video, digital advertising, and website management.
- Develop content (write, edit, proof, design), manage execution and measurement, and use data and industry best practices to recommend ways to optimize campaigns for success towards identified enrollment goals.
- Support Undergraduate Admissions in growing its social media presence by creating posts, graphics, stories, captions, and other content to engage and convert audiences. Use data to make recommendations to optimize social media and stay abreast of trends.
- Collaborate with University Communications’ social media team to identify opportunities and projects to cross-promote yield and retention campaigns.
- Maintain the Undergraduate Admissions microsite and event calendar with new content and updates that follow best SEO practices and optimize user experiences.
- Work towards KPIs and metrics that support assessment and progress towards enrollment goals and objectives; provide regular and ad hoc reporting with insights and recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $ 49,673 to $62,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, creative writing, marketing, advertising, digital media, design, or a related field
- 3 years' experience in supporting or collaborating on communication projects and/or marketing campaigns
- Journalism writing or advertising copywriting experience
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e., Salesforce, Slate, etc.)
- Experience with content management systems for web, virtual tours, image assets, events, etc. (i.e., SiteFinity, YouVisit, Brandfolder, Campus Bird, etc.)
- Experience developing web content and using analytics, including Google Analytics, to support web strategy and engagement
- Experience creating and posting social media content to support business outcomes including, but not limited to copywriting, story creation, and images
- Experience with Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator and/or other Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Experience with Tableau
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing