Managing Director of Partnerships & Innovation
University of Colorado Denver
Managing Director of Partnerships & Innovation
Applications Accepted at www.cu.edu/cu-careers/
- Someone who will represent CU Denver in diverse venues as an effective ambassador and communicator, and an ability to build and sustain strong and trusting relationships with other organizations and people across campus including the chancellor’s leadership team, cabinet, deans, faculty, staff, administrators, and counterparts at the system office and the three other CU campuses.
- A responsive, transparent, and creative leader, who collaborates by obtaining broad input from diverse stakeholders and constituents—discovering interests and capabilities of faculty, opportunities and challenges faced by companies and other employers, and the strategic direction of foundations—and then crafts programs that build upon those ideas.
- A leader with the highest standards of integrity who will comply with the letter and spirit of all CU Denver policies, but be flexible enough to know how to innovate within those parameters while keeping an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A strategic leader who will contribute to realizing CU Denver’s strategic plan by creating new partnerships and invigorating current ones all of which involve considerable ambiguity, complexity and scope.
- Team Builder Mindset. High degree of emotional intelligence and team orientation with a proven track record of working effectively with multiple stakeholders in business, higher education, and the community to achieve key strategic objectives.
- Future-Focused Outlook. Understands marketplace trends; forward-thinking; often asks “what’s next” in terms of advances in developing partnerships and alignment between education, business, and the community. Anticipates trends and risks — has a finger on the pulse of the multifaceted business environment.
- Commitment to be an Inclusive Community-Builder. Fosters a community of belonging and creates equity-minded partnerships that help reduce equity gaps in Colorado.
- Innovative Approach. Constantly challenges the status quo while developing consensus with both internal and external stakeholders. Effectively plays devil’s advocate and challenges the leadership team and broader university to stay agile and open to change. Observes external changes affecting the university and explores how they can be catalysts for internal evolution.
- A Curious and Insightful Style. Has a natural curiosity to bring in new ideas and insights to drive more rapid development of the strategy and the leadership team. Is comfortable with ambiguity, adapting and thriving in unfamiliar environments to gain understanding and insight on how to successfully navigate uncharted territory.
- Agile Disposition. Wears multiple hats and plays different roles simultaneously. Can quickly switch between tasks, adapt to changes, and stay flexible as external and internal conditions change. Nimbly changes course and focus as needed to enable the university to do the same.
- Affinity for Consensus Building. Builds consensus with executive leadership and the broader university to more effectively align and create partnerships with business and the community. Aligns the various strategies of university constituents for clarity around the common goal and brings cross-functional teams together to solve complex issues.
- Exquisite Storytelling Skills. Effectively communicate both internally and externally CU Denver’s vision and strategy, while connecting the dots to explain the “why” in strategic initiatives and strategic partnerships. Capable of developing a compelling narrative to inspire support and build alignment.
Salary and Benefits:The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $215,000 to $250,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Extensive, diverse, and progressively responsible experience in private sector or economic development leadership, including experience with corporate partnerships, strategic planning, external relationships, and program development & oversight.
- Experience in developing and managing complex partnerships that integrate the strengths of the private, public and non-profit sectors.
- An understanding of the ways in which public-private partnerships (P3’s) can be leveraged to actualize the university’s vision.
- A demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity & equity across multiple positions and functions.
- Experience in creating and negotiating public-private partnerships (P3s).
- Experience in economic development at the local or state level.
- Experience in negotiating and closing deals at the C-Suite level.
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing