Case Manager (Part-Time, 0.50 FTE)
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Campus Student Services
Case Manager (.50 FTE/ Part Time)
Position #3367 – Requisition #20201
This position supports students who are exhibiting symptoms of distress which may be affecting their ability to successfully complete their academic studies. A student’s distress may be health related, psychological, economic, or related to family or social adjustments. The Case Manager supports students through a variety of interventions, referrals, and follow up services. Responsibilities also include working with campus partners to develop and implement conflict resolution strategies and processes. The Case Manager will be a point person to host structured dialogues to seek shared resolution. This position does not involve clinical counseling, clinical case management, and does not meet the supervised hours requirement for licensure.Examples of Work Performed:
- Develop and maintain relationships with other community programs and stakeholders in order to help students find resources when needed
- Support students who have questions or may need assistance managing concerns around psychological health, physical health, crime victimization, relationship violence, sexual assault, economic concerns, social adjustment, housing arrangements, conduct or law violations, or any manner of concern that interferes with a student’s ability to function successfully at the University.
- This position also supports the offices conflict resolution efforts working with students and schools and colleges to manage complex group dynamics.
The hiring rate for this position has been established at $27,032. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- A bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, health sciences, higher education, counseling, human services, student affairs, social work, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of professional experience collecting and assessing critical information, identifying and supporting student or/and client needs.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Student Development, Higher Education, or related field.
- Experience in facilitating structured group dialogue to support community building.
- Case management experience.
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation experience.
- Training/certification in any of the following: NaBITA threat assessment tool, WAVR21, SIVRA-35 or experience utilizing risk rubrics to classify threats.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated understanding of student development.
- Crisis Management and mental health training.
- Ability to demonstrate mature decision-making and have case management experience
- Ability to successfully utilize several database and case management platforms
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and prioritize multiple projects.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing