Disability Resource Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Disability Resource and Services
Disability Resource Coordinator (Student Services Intermediate Professional)
Position #619308 – Requisition #20190
The Disability Resources & Services Coordinator will assist in the development of reasonable instructional accommodations by working with the faculty and staff in an advisory capacity, to allow students with disabilities full participation in the programs offered by the University. This position will conduct intake interviews, determine eligibility for accommodations, coordinate and implement approved accommodations, as well as serve as a resource for disability-related matters through attending orientation, open houses, departmental meetings, and high school college/university fairs. This role will coordinate and implement educational programs and collaborate with other campus departments to integrate disability-related competencies into educational programming. This position will also collaborate with Student Affairs staff regarding referrals and supportive services, represent DRS at meetings and assist with coordinating the DRS Advisory Committee. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Disability Resources & Services. This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $45,000 to $48,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- A bachelor’s degree in special education, counseling, rehabilitation counseling, psychology or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional level experience working with individuals with disabilities in the postsecondary or related setting.
- Master’s degree in education, special education, counseling, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, or related field
- Experience working with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Experience working with diverse clients.
- Experience working with individuals on the spectrum (Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome).
- National certification for counseling or social work.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a counselor in Colorado.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, at all levels, throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Able to conduct a thorough review of medical and/or psychological documentation
- Ability to develop and present disability-related informational sessions to departmental faculty and staff.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing