Academic Operations Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Denver
School of Public Affairs
Academic Operations Coordinator
Position # 00781390, Requisition #20103
- Plan, develop, and implement the process for the SPA schedule of courses, including finalizing all teaching schedules and working with Program Directors to manage degree offerings and rotations for all degree programs; BACJ, BAPA, MCJ, MPA, AMPA, CHAMPA, PhD.
- Establish SPA production calendar annually and provide regular updates to program directors throughout the year.
- Establish effective communication procedures for advising academic programs and key decision makers about the schedule of courses and all related details.
- Research and verify accuracy of course information, enrollment data, course notes, instructor information, room usage patterns or room features, and Learning Management coding on the integrated student information system (CU-SIS).
- Work with program directors and associate deans to develop, administer, and analyze regular surveys of students and alumni, and other surveys as requested.
- Stay current on student privacy and information security regulations.
- Provide any curriculum data needed to comply with external reporting requirements, including data required by external accrediting agencies and as part of the university outcomes assessment and program review processes.
- Coordinate several editions of the SPA schedule of classes with each program director, verifying CU-SIS data and managing issues for all course sections each term and ensuing that schedules are correct for each enrollment period.
- Coordinate rooming for SPA, using EMS rooming software, and resolving problems in coordination with the rooming coordinator in the Office of the Registrar to verify correct rooming information in CU-SIS.
- Evaluate room-change requests according to needs-based criteria and authorize or deny requests as appropriate.
- Serve as the main staff position in the college with write-access to CU-SIS.
- Serve as SPA liaison to campus committees for course coordinators, Maymester and summer programming, extended studies, and others related to the duties of the position.
- Serve as the main point of contact for registration and enrollment; resolving all issues directly with the students, advisors and the Registrar’s office.
- Coordinate the waitlist process each term; tracking course capacity overloads, Quick-Enrolling students into sections, and ensuring waitlisted students obtain access to Canvas.
- Assess departmental needs for prerequisites checking and enforcement and establishes procedures for registration.
- Keep student advisors informed of course enrollment and waitlist status each term.
- Maintain all Student Groups for distribution purposes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all new CU-SIS functionality and participate in pilots to facilitate the registration needs in the school.
- Provide analysis of enrollment data to program directors to assist with course scheduling and to determine enrollment limit adjustments
- Develop procedures and reports for recording and comparing enrollment data at established intervals during registration period through census utilizing Excel spreadsheets and reports provided by Institutional Research.
- Work in consultation with the program directors to add or cancel course sections based upon needs analysis.
- Serve as the Qualtrics administrator for the School
- Serve as the Canvas Administrator for the School; responsible for managing terms, creating courses, viewing and moderating enrollments and content for all courses
- Assess and resolve faculty access issues including initial provisioning to CU-SIS, class rosters, grade reporting and Canvas access issues.
- Ensure that new faculty, lecturers, and graduate assistants complete required trainings and security paperwork required by the Registrar’s office.
- Serve as the central point of contact for faculty on administrative issues related to courses, including scheduling and rooming preferences, required textbook orders, after-hours building access for courses in the Lawrence Street SPA classrooms.
- Coordinate textbooks and place orders with campus bookstore for all courses.
- Assist in evaluation of faculty workloads by creating and maintaining accurate records.
- Manage the Curriculum Review cycle and catalog maintenance; ensuring all edits and revisions follow the appropriate university procedures prior to publication. Establish a tracking system for all curriculum changes and submit necessary forms to the Office of the Registrar and University Curriculum Committee
- Update and ensure the accuracy of degree plans and course completion plans used by advisors
- Serve as liaison to the Registrar’s Office, requesting additions and deletions of plans and sub-plans, subject codes, courses and managing all other program/plan data.
- Serve as staff liaison to program committees and as point of contact for programs proposing curricular additions and changes.
- Serve as designated editor and staff person in the school with write access to Acalog Catalog Management System for all programs and initiatives in the school, coordinating with program directors, student advisors, and the Registrar’s Office to ensure that the catalog is accurate and inclusive of all degree requirements in the college.
- Serve as liaison to university catalog working groups.
- Interpret curricular policies at the school, campus, system and state (CCHE) levels as they pertain to program and course development. Assist in developing and revising policies as needed.
- As requested by program directors, implement innovative structures and interdisciplinary/cross-college offerings.
- Coordinates the School's conference room scheduling and room reservations in the EMS System.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings on behalf of SPA Administration, faculty, staff & students.
- In the absence of the Dean’s assistant, serves as secondary scheduling contact for the Dean’s schedule/calendar.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $49,000 to $52,000 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and at least 1 year of previous professional experience in a higher education institution is required.
- Previous work at the University of Colorado using CU systems (CU-SIS, CU Data, Canvas, EMS, Qualtrics), University forms and policies/procedures. Experience handling confidential, sensitive and FERPA protected information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing