Photographer/Videographer - N&G Marketing
Photographer/Videographer - N&G Marketing
The Indiana Wesleyan University National & Global (N&G) Photographer/Videographer is responsible for developing, editing and overseeing a range of stylized visuals and compelling stories in the form of videography and still photography for varied platforms. Projects will range in scope and complexity and will support the university’s strategic goals for administration, student recruitment, academic and non-academic programs for students, alumni relations, and more.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, you must submit a link to a digital portfolio of your photos and videos. You may include the link in a document when you upload your required application materials if not already in your resume.
Director of Creative Services for National & Global
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Communication, Media Arts, Photography, Film/Videography or a related field
- Two or more years of video and/or photography production experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary team member responsible for creating and/or implementing strategies incorporating video/photography in support of institutional objectives
- Responsible for the creation, management and delivery of photography and/or videos from concept to final production which includes executing the project development process from initial client consultation to concept creation, scripting, storyboarding, set design and set up, lighting, shooting, editing, final delivery and post project assessment
- Work with the N&G administration, academic and operational units to ensure that people, events, meetings, special occasions, and physical spaces are captured visually in both video and in still photography
- Edits and formats multimedia images using state of the art equipment and software
- Provides assistance and training on photographic and multimedia equipment and related software to interns and staff as needed
- Makes recommendations for the best approach to photographic or video assignments
- Interacts with vendors and outsourcing resources as needed on larger projects
- Manages a comprehensive library of images and video
- Maintains and catalogs all video and photography equipment
- Review new developments in videography and photography and provide recommendations for new or improved technology or equipment
- Follow up with clients to evaluate projects and their effectiveness
- Travel as needed to locations and events
- Other duties as assigned
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Lightroom, Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator) and able to function in a Mac environment
- Must be able to tell stories creatively and concisely with a demonstrated skill in composition, lighting and sound.
- Thorough knowledge of production techniques and equipment, including DSLRs, professional camcorders, mics, continuous and strobe lighting, interviewing, etc.
- Knowledge of cameras from DSLR to HDV
- General knowledge of production principles and practices for photography and videography media
- Ability to develop, create, stage and/or produce professional quality visuals and evaluate production effectiveness in meeting objectives
- Ability to acquire skill in and adapt to changes in technology quickly
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative and willingness to accept responsibility
- Ability to work with a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a customer service attitude and to develop effective working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Ability to travel and work outside normal business hours or weekends when required as shoots can take place in locations outside of Marion, Indiana
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer