Computing Technology Specialist
Computing Technology SpecialistRequisition IDreq780DepartmentInformation TechnologyCampusWCC-Willow Creek CenterEmployment TypeClassified-Part TimeJob Close Date02/26/2021
Come join the Information Technology department at Portland Community College. We are seeking a Computer Technology Specialist for the Rock Creek Client Services team to help support Washington County Workforce Development, Oregon Employment Department, and other departments.
The reporting office will be at the Willow Creek Center but travel is required between multiple locations. This position is part of the Rock Creek team and may eventually support other areas such as the Oregon Manufacturing Innovation Center (OMIC) in Scappoose, OR.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/computing-technology-specialist/ Candidate ProfileThese qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience providing good customer service
- Technical understanding of Mac and Windows and familiarity with various versions of the OSs
- Experience using imaging software (Ghost, Kace, and JAMF)
- Experience supporting peripheral devices
- Demonstrated ability to install and configure a wide variety of software applications
- Demonstrated ability to research and successfully troubleshoot problems
- Clear communication skills in-person, on the phone and in writing
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree or two years of college-level coursework or training in a computer-related discipline (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis).
- Two years of work experience with computing systems is also required.
Must possess knowledge of current personal computer hardware, operating systems, client/server and network technologies, including printers and peripheral devices such as scanners, PDAs and special needs equipment. Ability to install and configure a wide variety of software applications.
The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing one or more of the following certifications:
- A+Net+Microsoft related
- Experience using Ghost and JAMF
- Experience using Kace imaging, ticketing, and inventory modules.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work pressure and interruptions occur on an ongoing basis due to competing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to interact professionally with distraught or reactive individuals.
- Exposure to constantly changing physical and ergonomic environments.
- Ability to lift and work on equipment that may be located in tight and poorly lighted spaces, such as under desks, in closets, or other confined areas.
- Lifting and moving of computer components and peripherals weighing up to 40 pounds is sometimes required.
- Requires occasional periods of sustained effort and crawling under desks and confined spaces to install/uninstall and/or move equipment across campus.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA