Event Attendant (Multiple Positions)
Administration and AthleticsDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This is an on-call, non-benefits eligible Event Attendant position in the University of Arizona Athletics Department. Applicants must be willing to work all football games and other Athletic events as needed. This is a physically demanding position with long hours in hated conditions. Incumbents will take tickets and direct patrons to seating and serve as customer service agents to ensure the patrons and the press enjoy the overall experience at athletic events. Incumbents may also act as ushers and screen for contraband materials brought to the event. Event Attendants are expected to preserve the image of UA athletics.
Note: Incumbents may be scheduled to work as needed and may be asked to work special events.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Take event tickets and direct patrons to seating.
- Serve as a customer service agent.
- Act as an usher and screen for contraband materials brought to events.
- Long periods of standing.
- Exposure to the elements including the sun and possible rain.
- Skills in technology using ticket scanners and text messaging systems for all venues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public.
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.Preferred Qualifications:FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
19.6 On-CallJob FTE:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
1Career Stream and Level:
Events Mgmt, AthleticsJob Function:
AthleticsType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
6Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/12/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit a Resume and in the 'Cover Letter' slot submit the answers to the following questions: ThankYou.
1. Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulationsrelating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
2. Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school orcollege student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacitywith a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institutionstudent-athlete, athletics team or department.
3. Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws11.4.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.4.3, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.4.4, 184.108.40.206, and220.127.116.11. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may beasked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon youremployment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Doyou understand that by submitting your application for employment you areaffirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would notpreclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
4. Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospectivestudent-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7–12 grade for men’s basketballor junior college student) in the sport of men’s basketball, women’s basketballor football or have any other type of association with any prospectivestudent-athlete in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball orfootball? If yes, please explain.
5. Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned uponthe enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade,7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men'sbasketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
6. Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to youraffiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men'sbasketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible forconsideration?
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.