Accounting Assistant II
Campus RecreationDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Performs a variety of clerical accounting and bookkeeping duties requiring a working knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Accuracy and attention to detail are required. Incumbent work within established procedures but with relative independence in carrying out duties. Some tasks may require fundamental applications of accounting theories and principles. Incumbents report frequently to Campus Recreation leadership on the status and outcomes of assigned functions. Advice and leadership are available from the Accountant Assistant III for complex or questionable matters or those requiring authorization. Detailed instructions are provided for difficult or unusual assignments.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and verifies amounts and codes for various standard accounting entries, data input or other forms; encodes and obtains necessary approvals for processing including but not limited to: prepares cash deposits, process refunds, process fee waivers.
- Initiates KFS eDocs: Purchase Requisitions, Payment Requests, Disbursement Vouchers, General Error Corrections, Internal Billings, Vendor Creation, Pre-Encumbrances, Salary Expense Transfers, Transfers of Funds, Cash Receipts, Electronic Payment Claims, Distributions of Income and Expense, and other UAccess Financials financial transactions including UA Foundation.
- Reconciles financial accounts, to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
Reconciles department records with university accounting systems, makes necessary corrections including but not limited to:
- Bursar Account Charge reconciliation between UAccess and RecTrac.
- Distribution of revenue (Bursar, bank deposits, payment card) to sub-accounts and object codes.
- Online sales reconciliation between UAccess and RecTrac.
- Reviews computer reports to identify and trace sources of error and makes necessary corrections; performs research to locate accounting or computer input errors.
- Reviews and updates RecTrac member records to reflect payments including Bursar Account charges and internal billings.
- Reconciliation of payroll expenditure listings.
- Reconciliation of P Card transactions.
- Reconciliation of Voyager fuel purchases.
- Reconciliation of UA Internal Billing Unit charges such as Facilities Management and Motor Pool.
- Reconciliation of payroll deductions.
- Contacts various department personnel to resolve discrepancies or problems; answers inquiries regarding work being performed.
- Contacts customers, other campus units, and department staff as necessary to obtain information and assistance.
- Responds to requests for information or assistance as required.
- Work is performed under general supervision except for new assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Associate's degree in accounting.
- Working experience with UA Student and Financial systems, Financial Aid, or Bursar.
- Familiarity with procedures and processing of departmental financial transactions.
- Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in analysis and resolving customer problems.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $15.81Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
FinanceType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
2/18/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Human Resources Representative
2/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.