Manager, Post-Award Administration (UPDATED)
RII Business ServicesDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Note: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities have been added to the Description section of this position.
Research, Innovation & Impact's Business Services team at the University of Arizona is in search of a Manager, Post-Award Administration. The Manager, Post-Award Administration reports to the Senior Director, Finance & Administration and will lead a team of Research Administrators providing post-award research administration support to RII Centers, Institutes and Museums. This position plays a key role in overseeing financial and accounting administration including creating financial and budget reports, analyzing expenditures for compliance with budget, policies, and guidelines, developing and implementing processes, procedures and efficiencies. The Manager, Post-Award Administration will be expected to provide training, coaching and mentoring to members of the Post-Award team staying current with policies and systems.
The Research, Innovation & Impact Business Center (RIIBC) aspires to go above and beyond by providing our customers and their partners with guided, quality, and personalized service. We are committed to being responsive, courteous, professional and efficient. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service to the University community.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct all post-award activities including management of various accounts and fund sources, budget and resources planning for RII units, centers & institutes, and museums, budget and resources planning to meet university and sponsor policy and procedures, maintain a high standard of accuracy and transparency.
- Supervise and lead the post-award team, provide mentorship to professional staff members in RIIBC and other RII business offices. Responsible for performance management and advise Senior Director on staffing recommendations to ensure high level productivity and continuous growth and improvements.
- Direct and coordinate RII divisions annual budget and planning processes such as All Funds Planning. Create financial analysis and templates to assist post-award team and units with the process. Work closely with unit directors and senior program managers to advise and educate on financial and budget matters.
- Develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with RII units directors and staff, campus colleagues, and other external customers/stakeholders.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all post-award and financial/accounting management matters, representing RIIBC in professional organizations and campus committees.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and strongability to multi-task multiple projects while maintaining flexibility.
- Ability to maintain a solution-oriented attitude while providing unsurpassed customer service.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and significant attention to detail.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing complex budgets and various sponsor account types.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated strong people management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure without sacrificing teamwork, accuracy, or customer service.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, procedures, and reporting.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software applications.
- Knowledge of university and sponsor policies and procedures, and/or demonstrated ability to learn and integrate policy and procedure as needed.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience managing and leading a cohesive team including performance management, coaching and training.
- Experience working in a University of Arizona system applications such as UAccess Employee (PeopleSoft), UAccess Research (Kuali), and Analytics (Oracle) or similar.
- Experience with Smartsheets and/or other project management applications.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$75,000 - $80,000 DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
11Career Stream and Level:
FinanceType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.