Director, Recruitment and Enrollment
Department Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USA
Reporting directly to the Vice Provost for Online and Distance Education, the Director of Online Recruitment and Enrollment Management provides leadership and guidance to the Enrollment Counseling Team, the Quality Assurance and Staff Development Team, and the Communications and Data Management Team. Serving as a member of the online leadership team, this position is responsible for leadership and management of each team, integrating related functions to achieve enrollment goals consistent with the University's mission and strategic plan.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages the recruitment and enrollment team (e.g., Enrollment Counselors, Quality Assurance and Training staff, and the CRM/Dialing Technologies team) and holds the team accountable to professionalism, training and coaching standards, as well as provides insight to conversion numbers and enrollment strategies to reach enrollment targets.
- Creates a results-driven, positive, and collaborative work environment ensuring work readiness of employees to prepare and analyze recruitment and leads management reports in support of enrollment efforts to provide accurate forecasting numbers for enrollment to the Vice Chancellor of Online and Distance Education.
- Directs daily operations and workflow of recruitment and enrollment direct reports who are responsible for a team of enrollment counselors, communications and technical personnel, etc., dedicated to the unique needs of prospective online students related to program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, etc.
- Works in collaboration with the leader of corporate initiatives to identify enrollment trends and opportunities to support corporate relationships within Arizona Online as well as to provide feedback on online enrollment best practices.
- Develops and implements comprehensive student recruitment plans and strategies for the University of Arizona Online, including identifying key conferences and other online student-related recruitment opportunities and partners with various University of Arizona colleges and affiliates to recognize pipeline opportunities for degree programs with transfer admissions requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Broad understanding of reporting, recruitment, training, and coaching in a higher education setting
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking, oral and written communication skills
- Strong appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Well developed sense of reporting and forecasting abilities along with quality assurance metrics
- Willingness to perform additional duties necessary to accomplish unit and university goals
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years in relevant field (e.g., student enrollment, student marketing, enrollment, etc.), including 3 years in managerial experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with the development of strategic recruitment plans, designing outreach and recruitment programs, and materials that will attract strong candidates to the school, including students from under-represented groups
- 3 or more years experience leading and managing others in an online higher education setting
- 2 or more years previous call center experience in an in-bound and out-bound environment
- Direct experience with communication strategies for undergraduate online students
- Experience using call dialing technology
Full Time/Part Time:
Number of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level:
Recruitment & Admissions
Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies:
Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Open Until Filled:
Documents Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.