Research Data Coordinator (Multiple Positions)(UPDATED)
Cancer Center DivisionDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Please Note: The Number of Openings has increased from 3 to 4. The University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer through patient care, research, and education. The Operations Office is a functional component of the UACC centralized clinical trials unit that is organized to provide clinical research staff support for interventional oncology protocols. This Research Specialist position will provide dedicated coordinator support for clinical trials at the University of Arizona Cancer Center.The Research Specialists will provide dedicated clinical trials support for clinical trials at the University of Arizona Cancer Center – North campus. This position will work closely with clinical faculty and their disease team, have regular contact with investigators, regulatory staff, clinical trials sponsors (e.g. private industry and national cooperative groups), and administrative staff. The expectation is that this person will have, or develop, a knowledge base of the disease areas assigned and current management principles and will be able to serve in a consulting role to new faculty and staff regarding policies and procedures for clinical research.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will work closely with clinical faculty and their disease team, have regular contact with investigators, regulatory staff, clinical trials sponsors (e.g. private industry and national cooperative groups), and administrative staff.
- Provide coordination of protocols according to specific timelines and procedures noted in each assigned protocol while adhering to good clinical practice and the code of federal regulations.
- Provide protocol and research subject information to health care investigators involved with the trial in order to ensure comprehensive patient care and protocol compliance.
- Direct, monitor, and participate in research activities including pre-screening, consent, subject data collection, data entry, and query resolution.
- Prepare source documents and case report forms in a quality manner in preparation and execution of routine monitor visits and audits; and work with the respective monitors to resolve data queries in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison between the disease team and study sponsor as a representative of the University of Arizona Cancer Center to foster productive relationships.
- Assist in organizing and actively participate in regular disease team meetings.
- Actively participate in clinical research team meetings.
- Attend training meetings for new clinical protocols as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
*Previous work in clinical research working directly with patients. *Bilingual in Spanish.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$33,487 - $46,510Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
5Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
4Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Niyuri Fleming, [email protected]Open Date:
2/12/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.