Custodian I (Part Time)
Campus Agriculture CenterDepartment Website Link:
Tucson Area FarmsAddress:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Campus Agricultural Center (CAC) and the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) seek to fill the position of Custodian I. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and clean facilities at CAC and the CVM Equine Center, located at 4101 N. Campbell Avenue in Tucson, AZ. CAC is part of the Southern Arizona Experiment Station (SAES), which also includes West Campus Agricultural Center, Red Rock Agricultural Center, Santa Rita Experimental Range, and Al-Marah Equine Center.
Travel is required so a valid driver's license is necessary at the first day of employment. This position is scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and may require working occasional Saturdays. The position is .60 FTE.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting facilities that include the CVM Equine Center and AES sites. This includes operating cleaning equipment and using chemicals and other cleaning products safely.
- Removing trash from the sites and assisting in general facilities maintenance that does not require specialized training.
- Occasionally maintaining outside walkways and steps.
- Driving University provided vehicles to and from AES sites; occasionally picking up and delivering supplies to and from locations.
- Replenishing and organizing cleaning supplies and equipment; maintaining inventory levels; notifying appropriate staff when said items need to be ordered, repaired, or replaced.
- Ability and skills needed to use a computer or cellular phone to send/respond to email (Microsoft Outlook) and complete time sheets.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience may be required.
- Candidates must have the ability to work in high temperatures.
- 1 -2 years Custodial experience with knowledge using and maintaining cleaning equipment (floor buffer, vacuums, carpet shampooer).
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, and climb ladders and stairs (and carry items up and down them).
- Ability to drive according to the Fleet Safety Policy.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Facilities, Grounds and InfrastructureBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
1Career Stream and Level:
Facilities Mgmt & ServicesJob Function:
Facil, Grounds, & InfraType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
2/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/12/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
ResumeSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.