Postdoctoral Research Associate I
School of Plant Sciences-ResDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
A Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. JudithBrown in the School of Plant Sciences. The successful applicant will apply biological, molecular, functional genomic, and bioinformatic approaches to investigate Liberibacter-psyllid-endosymbiont interactions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Molecular cloning and DNA sequencing of bacterial, endosymbiont, and prophage/phage genes and transcripts
- High throughput DNA and RNA sequencing; annotation and bioinformatics of bacterial/ endosymbiont genomes
- Functional genomics analyses
- Phylogenetic and population genetics analyses
- In situ localization
- Experimental design
- Literature review
- Prepare weekly updates, reports, manuscripts, and presentations
- Regular communication in person and written
- Additional responsibilities, including training may arise
- Ph.D. in plant pathology/bacteriology/microbiologyor equivalent field.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a Ph.D. in molecular plant pathology or environmental microbiology;
- Previous research in plant-bacterial-insect vector pathosystems, functional genomics of insect vector-bacterial complexes, bacterial genomics; insect and bacterial genome annotation; bioinformatics; statistical analyses.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
For additional information, please contact Dr. Judith K Brown at [email protected]Open Date:
2/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.