Instructional Designer 1 (22084)
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type StaffEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $48,162.00 - $48,162.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription Position Overview:Assist faculty with the design, development, and management of online and hybrid courses. Integrate current educational technologies to promote effective teaching strategies and improve student learning experiences. Provide consultation and assistance with technical and programmatic development of assigned projects. Evaluate the effectiveness of course designs. Provide assistance with planning and coordinating instructional materials. Design online learning modules, incorporating a variety of web-design and instructional tools. Assist with faculty development offerings. Monitor and test educational technologies.Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in planning, designing, and developing effective instructional materials that are functional, intuitive, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design principles for online learning.
- Assists in the assessment of online teaching and learning.
- Works effectively in team environments to consistently meet established guidelines.
- Participates in a team that plans, prepares, and provides consulting services to faculty on course redesign and developing appropriate teaching/learning applications of technologies.
- Provides professional support and consultation to faculty in the selection, design, production, and implementation of instructional design techniques, including active learning methods.
- Assists in the design and implementation of evaluation procedures to assess the effectiveness of different technologies.
- Assists in the development of training materials and workshops to assist faculty with learning about educational technology and instructional methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Primary training and skills in the development and delivery of instruction and instructional design.
- Knowledge and skills of theory and practice of teaching and learning, with a background in classroom instruction.
- Extensive secondary skills in technical systems and ability to develop a comprehensive overview of information technology, library, and other instructional resources and personnel.
- Effective and appropriate communication skills with diverse audiences, including faculty, students, technologists, and support personnel.
- Ability to perform well in a team-based collaborative environment.
- Experience in project management, including managing time, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, and meeting milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing instructional resources; proven facilitation skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Attention to detail and solid follow-up skills.
- A strong ability to analyze data and develop reports or documentation.
- Ability to navigate learning management systems, in particular Brightspace.