Employer Relations and Recruiting Assistant- Gies Business Career Services (142191)
Employer Relations and Recruiting Assistant
Gies Business Career Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu.EEO.
Primary Position Function/Summary: Actively support company recruiters and professionals through the coordination of employer engagement and on-campus recruiting activities. Serve as the liaison for corporate recruiters and other individuals involved in the campus recruiting and career search process with the goal of providing a high level of customer service to external stakeholders to improve Gies student employment opportunities. Maintain the logistics and systems to support companies’ campus recruiting efforts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate Company Recruiting Relationships
- Serve as a career services contact to company recruiters and professionals seeking to hire students for internships and full-time jobs
- Manage annual recruiting plan for designated company accounts
- Assist company recruiters with how to connect to targeted student populations, and other college or university resources
- Maintain online recruitment management system, Handshake, and help guide recruiters with effective and efficient use of the system
- Provide Handshake technical support and expertise to recruiters utilizing the system for job postings, interview scheduling, info sessions, and career fair management
- Collaborate with campus partners to assist employers with campus-wide recruiting efforts
- Track contacts and involvement through CRM system, Salesforce, and project management tool, Asana
- Answer technical and logistical questions for employers and troubleshoot any issues that may arise
- Prioritize and return recruiter(s) voicemails and e-mails in a timely manner
Coordinate Company Recruiting Events, Career Fairs, and Interviews
- Organize and execute career fairs, and other employer recruiting events, including facility reservations, system set-up, communications, staffing, coordination of vendors, event registrations and payments
- Oversee day-of operations including event management, attendee experience, vendor management, and staffing
- Manage logistics of on-campus recruiting visits including room reservations, system set-up, communications, and advertisement to students
- Support on-campus interviewing activities, including interview space reservations, assisting with setup, maintaining appearance and supplies in interview rooms and hospitality rooms, greeting employers, staffing, and training
- Record data and create reports regarding employer engagement and on-campus recruiting activities
Support Student Career Advising Teams
- Serve as primary source of corporate recruiting knowledge and effectively communicate opportunities to advising teams
- Leverage external corporate partnerships to fill programming needs of advising teams
- Organize professional development opportunities for students and external stakeholders
Support the Career Services Operations
- Serve as back-up support when needed including answering phones, assisting with inventory and purchasing, and other general operations
Required: Bachelor's degree
Required: (Specialty Factor) Minimum of one year of relevant professional experience in customer service, corporate engagement, development, corporate recruitment, career services, alumni engagement, event planning, or other related fields.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to learn University policies, processes, and systems.
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Capable of meeting frequent deadlines and prioritizing tasks.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Word, Excel, Skype For Business, and Outlook, and ability to learn new technologies or systems such as Handshake, Asana, and Salesforce.
- Ability to perform quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and heavy workload.
Salary and Appointment Information:
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Assistant position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience
Applications must be received by March 2, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Talisa Thompson at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment.For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Gies College of Business Category:3-Administrative Support Title:Employer Relations and Recruiting Assistant- Gies Business Career Services (142191) Open Date:02/12/2021 Close Date:03/02/2021 Organization Name:Gies Business Career Services