Utility Worker I
This position is within the Building Services department of Facilities Management Services, and will work at the GSU Decatur campus.
The Decatur campus is located at: 3251 Panthersville Road.Decatur, GA 30034
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The scope of responsibility will include the following duties but is not limited to,
- Will perform entry level duties that involve the campus cleaning, event setup, collecting trash, moving and delivering supplies and equipment. Will be using power equipment to do pressure wash around campus.
- Walks assigned areas of campus collecting and removing trash, cleaning restrooms, offices, lounges and common areas.
- Assists in special projects such as setting up and moving furniture for special events such as commencement, concerts and convocations.
- Assists in campus cleaning, uses power (AC & DC) equipment to clean buildings.
- Assists in emergency preparations such as clearing snow and ice sidewalks and driveways.
- Assists with removing surplus items from campus departments or offices. Reads work order of follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Operates delivery truck or other equipment to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
High school diploma or GED. Valid Georgia Driver's License.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: Facilities Management Services
Location: Decatur Campus
Job Posting: 02/11/21, 3:44:09 PM