This position is within the Building Services Department of Facilities Management Services.
- Clean and perform room set-ups in assigned building areas following established routines and procedures. Serve as a lead person on cleaning assignments and may assist in training Custodian I on methods and procedures.
- Floor maintenance – sweep, dust mop, wet mop, scrub, strip, restore, buff and wax floors, and perform other duties as needed to maintain cleanliness of campus floors.
- General cleaning – sweep, dust mop, wet mop, buff and wax floors; dust vacuum, empty trash, and clean furnishing and equipment in classrooms and offices; clean and stock rest rooms; do general cleaning at off-campus properties; and perform related assigned duties.
- Employee will use cleaning chemicals daily and will sometimes work around potentially dangerous materials in certain laboratories.
- In order to perform the above tasks, the employee must be able to bend, twist, reach overhead, push and pull floor equipment (floor machine, vacuum cleaner), push and/or pull large trash barrels, lift full trash bags weighing 30 pounds. Must possess a normal degree of dexterity.
High School diploma or GED and at least 1 year experience in an institutional, industrial or commercial setting. Criminal Background investigation.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: Facilities Management Services
Location: Alpharetta Campus
Job Posting: 02/11/21, 7:46:47 AM