IT Operations Specialist
IT Operations Specialist
Job ID: 224005
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Serves as primary resource for reviewing all IT purchase requests, issues approvals based on collaboration with UITS stakeholders to ensure equipment adheres to established standards. Responsible for lifecycle of IT assets and reporting. Oversees IT asset acquisition, which includes assessing customer needs, receives purchase requests, obtains and issues quotes, manages deployment and redeployment of assets and recording inventory in the database. Assists department leadership in the development of standards for desktop hardware, software and peripherals ensuring the appropriate combination of functionality, price and security.
1. Reviews, approves or denies request for IT equipment or software and provides response on the status of the request
2. Assesses IT purchase requests to ensure compatibility with existing systems and policies
3. Provides approval for standard IT equipment and works with vendors to provide quotes for IT purchases
4. Identifies computers which need replacing and periodically audits database
5. Creates and maintains lifecycle replacement reporting for department leadership
6. Manages selection of annual computers and peripheral campus standards
7. Monitors and ensures completion of annual life cycle replacements for student labs, faculty and staff primary devices
8. Collaborates with leadership to develop standards for IT assets, request processes and data accuracy
9. Develops and implements processes to ensures data accuracy and enters additional equipment into inventory database
10. Promotes adherence to compliance and incorporates change
11. Collaborate with applicable departments to develop and implement IT infrastructure and life cycle parameters in inventory database
12. Oversees end-of-life-cycle asset processing and governance
13. Primary resource for the asset management system, data entry, monitoring, reporting and system auditing
14. Creates and maintains reports of asset lifecycle management for department management
15. Works collaboratively with other UITS staff to plan and maintain daily operations and special projects
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Two (2) years of related work experience
Previous experience in higher education asset management
Previous supply chain and/or procurement experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224005&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency