Career and Internship Advisor
Career and Internship Advisor
Job ID: 223883
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides individual and group career advisement including but not limited to conversations about linking major to career, industry / career exploration, resume critique, mock interviews, and salary negotiation with students. Works closely with faculty and staff to administer the Internship and Co-op (experiential education) program in their assigned college(s). Works with Career Planning and Developments Employer Relations team to make industry connections for students, for the purposes of programming, and to increase recruitment activity. Conducts campus wide workshops. Networking events, and seeks leadership roles with professional organizations.
- Assists students with resume and cover letter writing, interview tips, job or internship search strategies, salary negotiation, career exploration, and more
- Works to promote the importance of the internship and cooperative education programs to students, while maintaining a liaison relationship with faculty and administrators regarding the processing of and registration for for-credit internships and co-ops
- Performs classroom, campus, and orientation presentations to students at the request of faculty or departmental staff
- Participates in office events including Student Professional Development Conference, Senior Cookout, Industry Exploration Nights, all Job and Internship Fairs, Networking Nights, Job Fair Prep Days and more
- Works collaboratively with faculty and administrators in assigned college(s) to develop and offer career development content at appropriate timing
- Works closely with the Employer Relations team in Career Planning and Development to cultivate opportunities of interest for assigned college(s)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Two (2) years related or transferable experience (can include graduate assistantships in a Masters program)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of Handshake or other CRM software
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration, Human Resources, or related fields
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Has an understanding of Career Development best practices; Understands the relationship between Student Affairs and Academic Affairs
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=223883&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency