Antelope Valley College
Salary: $4,284.87 Monthly
Deadline: 2/19/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Complete job description and application available online at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/avc/jobs/2974405/coordinator-communications?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Marketing & Public Information coordinates the productions of a variety of college marketing materials. In collaboration with Marketing & Public Information department staff, college faculty, and other district employees, researches, develops, writes, and produces marketing resources including newsletters, programs, brochures, flyers, press releases, campus updates, website content and social media posts for the recruitment and retentions of students and staff, and for the promotion of a wide variety of college programs and events. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
• Coordinates the development, design and production of college publications; compiles, organizes, and coordinates input from a variety of sources to produce marketing materials for the District. (E)
• Writes, edits, and proofreads copy and designs in preparation for printing and distribution. (E)
• Takes digital photos and oversee the production of camera-ready artwork. (E)
• Provides technical expertise and provides faculty, staff and administrators regarding marketing requests. (E)
• Collaborates with the Graphic Artist on a variety of graphic projects when appropriate and provides recommendations pertaining to the District's graphic identity program. (E)
• Develops specifications and coordinates with Business Services for District printing and publishing quotes for print materials. (E)
• Consults and interacts with printers, publishers and other vendors for quotes, material selection, and to establish time lines for completion of projects. (E)
• Collaborates with WebMaster, and provides direct input to College web pages, social media and electronic communications for presentation to the College and the public. (E)
• Coordinates, directs, designs, and produces photographic and written materials for printed and electronic publications and other campus applications, such as signs and computer networks. (E)
• Assists the Executive Director in providing appropriate interface between the college and the community, news media, elected officials, business and industry, students, and the general public. (E)
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
(E= indicates essential duties of the position)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to:
a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and
direct experience in writing, photographing, producing and editing marketing materials, including press releases, newsletters, programs, brochures, flyers, web copy and social media content.
Additional Supplemental Requirement: (Please attach writing assignment)
Required: Writing Sample
1. Write a campus update inviting the faculty and staff to the Spring Opening Day on January 8, 2022 in the Performing Arts Theater at 8:00 am.
2. The purpose of this event is for the College President to inform faculty and staff of current news and upcoming events.
• Principles of effective communication.
• Principles of marketing and advertising design.
• Principles and implementation of graphic identity programs.
• Methods, practices, and procedures used in digital photography, composition, and photo editing.
• Methods, practices, terminology, and procedures used in print design.
• Principles of website design and publication.
• Techniques of writing and editing for mass media communications.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Correct, English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and written communication practices.
• Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Record keeping techniques.
Coordinate the production of College publications and marketing materials.
Estimate costs and analyze cost effectiveness of piece prior to publication.
Use photo equipment for purposes of preparing camera-ready materials and items.
Operate a computer of a variety of software packages such as Adobe In Design, Illustrator & Photoshop, and Microsoft Word.
Edit HTML with a basic WYSIWYG content management system.
Establish and meet schedules, timeline, and deadlines.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Prioritize assignments and handle multiple projects.
Work under pressure with frequently changing deadlines.
Apply discretion in dealing with confidential matters
Work evenings and weekends upon request.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides work direction to student, hourly or contract workers – no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
CONTACTS: Marketing Staff, College Faculty, other District employees, students, journalists, contractors and printers.
Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and light lifting
Minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs and body in the operation of office equipment.
Tasks require extended periods of time at a keyboard.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at https://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/employment or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.