Irrigation Technician, University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch
University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch is an 18-hole, semi-private golf club featuring a Hale Irwin designed championship golf course. The course, which opened in 1998, features a great variety of immaculately groomed holes. The 7,179 yard, par 72 layout boasts expansive bentgrass greens that many say are the best in the region. The University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch Golf Club is a part of the Division of Athletics & Recreation of the University of Denver.
The irrigation technician is to maintain the irrigation equipment located at University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch. This equipment can include sprinklers, water lines, pumps, suction devices, valves and other plumbing equipment. This equipment can sometimes be buried underground and must be excavated to be maintained, so irrigation technicians should be comfortable working with digging equipment such as backhoes, shovels and augers. The irrigation technician reports to the golf course superintendent.
- Perform the operation, installation, maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems. Install, maintain and repair drainage system.
- Requires working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various typed of pumps and pumping systems. Also requires leadership capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Machines or equipment used by the position: tractor and backhoe, trenching equipment. mowing equipment, utility carts, general golf course maintenance equipment.
- Perform irrigation audits.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages. Familiarity with financial concepts such as budget development.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- High school diploma or GED diploma.
- Two years of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Valid driver's license.
- Previous golf course experience.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on February 22, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 5.
The hourly range for the position is $18.00 - $20.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.