Senior Research Analyst
SR ANALYSTPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Chicago-Water Tower CampusDepartment Name:
ENROLLMENT SYS RES & REPORTINGLocation Code:
ENROLLMENT SYS RES & REPORTING (02024A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Systems, Research and Reporting, the Sr. Analyst is responsible for originating, organizing, coordinating, and executing an enrollment management research agenda. Performs both primary and secondary research and will coordinate, when appropriate, with other research initiatives and departments within the university. Develops relationships with institutional stakeholders to facilitate research and disseminate findings.
1. Plans, designs, prioritizes and executes the enrollment management research agenda.
2. Devises and develops appropriate (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods) methods and processes for collecting necessary data.
3. Designs survey instruments, conducts surveys and analyzes survey results regarding prospects, applicants and enrolled students.
4. Gathers data on competitors and provides analysis of programs, prices, enrollments/market share and positioning.
5. Collects and analyzes data on student demographics, preferences and needs to assist in identifying potential markets and market demand.
6. Provides market information for the development of new academic programs.
7. In collaboration with the Associate Provost and the Enrollment Management Directors, conducts research on student’s opinions, market strategies and assists in the measurement of the effectiveness of advertising and communications strategies.
8. Assists in the process of forecasting student demand for our programs.
9. Provides reports in various formats including written and graphical presentations that communicate effectively to diverse audiences across the organization. Ability to present findings to diverse audiences.
10. Ability to quickly learn new computer software and systems.
11. Closely collaborates with other departmental and university colleagues. Reviews and provides feedback of research and other analysis for department and university colleagues.
12. Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and 4 – 5 years of work and/or educational experience in social science research, research design, implementation and analysis.Qualifications:
- Experience moderating focus groups desired.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient with a statistical package (SAS, SPSS, R).
Experience with relational databases.
Experience with a programming language (Python, C#, etc).
Experience with a data visualizations.
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
02/11/2021Quick Link for Posting: