Technology Support Analyst - Journey
Technology Support Analyst - JourneyPosition Number:
951986Vacancy Open to:
GRANTS AND CONTRACTSDivision:
Research Economic Development & EngagementClassification Title:
12249 Tech Support AnalystCompetency Level:
2 - JourneyWorking Title:
Technology Support Analyst - JourneyNumber of Vacancies:
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
1.0Full Time or Part Time:
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
$32,473 - $72,244Anticipated Hiring Range:
$55,000 - $56,000Salary Grade Equivalency:
8-5pmPosition Location (City):
Staff - Information TechnologyOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, Economic Development and Engagement (REDE) is responsible for research policy and integrity, research administration and contract negotiations across ECU for both the main campus and the health sciences campus. The division directs new intellectual enterprises, including technology transfer. Industry, military and government agency research partnerships and community engagement and economic development activities across the eastern half of North Carolina are also managed by the division. REDE is responsible for the following units under its umbrella: Office of Research Administration, Office of Human Subjects Protections, Office of Research Integrity & Compliance, Office of Research Development, Office of National Security & Industry Initiatives, Office of Economic & Community Engagement, Office of Licensing & Commercialization, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, Office of Undergraduate Research, and the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee.Job Duties :
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the effort reporting process and serve as administrator of the Effort Reporting System (ERS). This position serves an integral function of monitoring and ensuring compliance of sponsored program funds, educating faculty, administrators, and staff in effort reporting policies and procedures, and proactively identifies and addresses issues that may have an impact on effort compliance and the ERS. Additionally, this position supports functions for education and outreach communications as well as compliance monitoring. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a central administrator for the ERS and provides technical support for user issues with the effort reporting system;
• Manages ERS access, user roles, and updates and maintains set up tables in the system;
• Monitors the effort reporting process and tracks completion of certification in compliance with 2 CFR Part 200;
• Follows up with department faculty and staff on incomplete or late effort reports;
• Ensures the ERS application and database are effective and sustainable; auditing application of systems and, under the direction of the director, coordinates with internal and external auditors who review effort reports for government compliance;
• Enhances system results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies to improve processes related to ERS which includes the evaluating of system functionality;
• Serves as a member of departmental and/or institutional committees to help address issues (technical and procedural) related to efforts reporting and compliance;
• Creates and modifies standard and ad-hoc queries and reports with the use of Standard Query Language (SQL) to ensure effort compliance and for use in the risk inventory and risk management quarterly reporting;
• Creates and maintains policies and procedures related to effort reporting;
• Designs, develops, and provides training and outreach for ERS and effort reporting using knowledge of sponsor and ECU effort policies and procedures;
• Maintains a thorough, comprehensive knowledge of constantly changing regulations and guidelines from the federal government and other external sponsors and update policy due to changes;
• Utilizes technical and administrative skills to coordinate Cornerstone registration for training and outreach programming;
• Creates and maintains various reports within and outside of effort applications in support of compliance management;
• Provides administrative support to the director to support the office;
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Journey level requires an additional one year of experience.License or Certification required by statute or regulation:
NonePreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. Experience in Research Administration is also preferred.License or Certification required by the Department:
NoneSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
02/10/2021Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. :
02/26/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment:
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.