Director of Annual Giving
Director of Annual GivingPosition Number :
986302Vacancy Open to :
All CandidatesDepartment :
FDH ECU Educational Foundation AdmDepartment Homepage :
ecupirateclub.comAdvertising Department :
PIRATE CLUBDivision :
AthleticsClassification Title :
Director-Professional (Other)Working Title :
Director of Annual GivingNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Non-FacultyJob Category :
Non-Faculty Senior AdministrativeOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Primary Purpose of the Pirate Club or ECU Educational Foundation is to serve East Carolina University and its student-athletes as the friend raising and fundraising organization for East Carolina University’s Division I Athletics Program, representing the highest principals of honesty and integrity. By conducting annual fund, endowment and capital campaigns in support of student-athlete scholarships, athletic facility enhancements and other programmatic needs the Pirate Club seeks to bring positive recognition to East Carolina University and the region it serves.Job Duties :
The Director of Annual Giving oversees the annual fund for the Pirate Club (organizing, coordinating, identifying, qualifying, and soliciting annual fund prospects). This position assists the Executive Director with organization and operation of the Foundation, including budget planning, annual goals and objections, evaluation of staff, policies and procedures. Reporting to the Senior Associate AD/Executive Director of the Pirate Club, this position will:
• Plan, coordinate and execute all components of the Annual Fund, including brochure development, annual promotions, direct mail, electronic mail, telemarketing and personal solicitations.
• Manage and direct Chapter Presidents within the Pirate Club framework.
• Manage and supervise the Pitt County Pirate Club Chapter, which accounts for approximately thirty percent of the Pirate Club’s active membership. Oversee the Chapter’s Board of Directors and over 100 Pirate Reps and all chapter activities.
• Plan, manage and coordinate all facets of the Pirate Rep Volunteer program, including the volunteer handbook, incentives, training, communications and the Pirate Rep Awards Banquet.
• Assist with the content management and direction of the foundation’s website, www.ecupirateclub.com.
• Responsible for administration and stewardship of Pirate Club membership benefits, including all priority seating and parking allocations for football, basketball, and baseball for regular and postseason events.
• Assist the Executive Director and major gift officers in all facets of capital campaigns, endowments and planned giving.
• Serve as Pirate Club staff representative on the ECU Athletics game and event management meetings.
• Serve as administrative lead for ECU Educational Foundation Executive Board.
• Oversee an efficient prospect management screening system for athletics’ annual scholarship giving and major giving programs.
• Serve as team lead for capital campaign donor stewardship and naming recognition.
• Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of administrators, coaches, and other appropriate internal key stakeholders. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities, and insurance.
• Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Pirate Club, athletics, and University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders.
• Abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
Minimum qualifications include the below:
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution
Five years of fundraising/promotion activities in a collegiate Athletics setting.
Possession of a valid driver’s license
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
n/aSpecial Instructions to Applicant :
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
02/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
02/25/2021Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.