Administrative Assistant - Advanced Projects/ITER Projects
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
The successful candidate will join the administrative team for two PPPL departments involved in advanced physics and engineering research, and now experiencing rapid growth in staff and scope. Both are at the center of extensive networks of partnerships, both domestic and international. The administrative team provide a key interface with partner organizations, particularly their document management systems. As the first stop in the on-boarding process for new staff and external partners, staff play a crucial role in making a lasting positive impression of PPPL.Responsibilities
Administrative Support – 80%
- Assist with scheduling and organizing meetings, conferences, and special events
- Processes Travel Requests, Expense Vouchers, and Miscellaneous Reimbursement Forms
- Support on-boarding of staff, partners, and visitors.
- Administer document management through applicable document management systems.
- Organize and maintain department records.
- Assist in representing department(s) as Training Coordinator in the management of training course matrices.
- Processes Monthly Meeting Minutes and Quarterly Reports
- Coordinate presentations for meetings, as needed.
Office Support – 20%
- Serves as designated host for external guests visiting PPPL facilities.
- Assist with ordering supplies and office equipment.
- Provides ad-hoc support as requested.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum qualification: high school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, at least two years of professional experience in an administrative capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive (including Sheets, Docs, and Slides)
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) consistent with the academic and professional levels of Laboratory and University researchers as well as business sector partners.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with other groups, individuals and managers throughout the Laboratory, Princeton University, and with external partners.
- Excellent computer skills (PC and Mac) with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Gmail and Google apps.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- On-site, standard 8 hour work day – M-F
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo #LI-CL1