Campus Tour Guide - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Campus Tour Guide - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222426
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a student worker as a Campus Tour Guide. A Campus Tour Guide is a vital position in the recruitment efforts in Undergraduate Admissions. The Campus Tour Guide gives prospective students, parents, and special guests of the University insight to the opportunities and the culture of the University of North Georgia.Responsibilities
- Serve as a representative for the University of North Georgia
- Provide campus and group tours weekly
- Assist with Open House duties
- Assist other departments with possible recruitment efforts
- Attend monthly Tour Guide Meetings
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Looking for students with availability specifically during campus tour times which are Monday's at 2pm, Tuesday - Thursday at 10am and 2pm, and Friday's at 10am.
- Campus Tours take roughly 2 hours to complete - be mindful of your schedule and availability. You must be available for at least two tour times each week.
- Group Tour times vary each month.
- Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are preferred.
- Resident Assistants cannot be considered for this position
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Critical Thinker
- Ability to Multi-Task
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.