Administrative Assistant 2
Posting Code: 2982616
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Health
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform complex clerical, office administration, and public relations assignments; perform related workLevel Scope:
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.Essential Functions:
60% of the time the Administrative Assistant 2 must:
- Coordinate administrative activities which require frequent contact with executives, the public, other agencies and campus officials. May attend meetings to relay and collect information
- Independently research, analyze, and compile information to prepare reports, handle complaints, or resolve problems; compose correspondence for supervisor on own initiative or from general instructions; format/type a variety of executive, sensitive, confidential, official and/or legal letters and documents.
- Exercise discretion and independence in applying policies and procedures
- Responsible for the research, compilation, and organization of materials for administrators’ use in problem resolution.
- Responsibility for financial record keeping including monitoring budgets, preparing financial transactions
- Supervise student support staff or have leadwork responsibilities.
- May be responsible for insuring that assignments given to other staff are completed and timelines are met. May supervisor students and staff.
35% of the time the Administrative Assistant 2 must:
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates filing and tracking systems for critical information within Health Services. This includes but is not limited to: employee files, HIPAA confidentiality agreement for staff and visitors, CPR certification and training, employee PPD records, and position search documents.
- Sets up candidate interviews, including calendaring, distributing resumes, and other candidate tasks, as assigned.
- Files new employee forms with HR and maintains an expert working knowledge of their systems.
- Assists with onboarding new employees by performing duties which includes but is not limited to: creating and maintaining new employee checklists, creating nametags, ensuring that all paperwork is routed appropriately, submitting requests for system access, ensuring work space for new employees is secured and set up, and other general welcoming activities.
- Assists with staff departure duties by performing duties which includes but is not limited to: creating and maintaining a departing staff checklist that covers all critical tasks for each department within Health Services, collecting items from employees, and ensuring access to systems is disabled appropriately.
- Assist with tracking and scheduling employee evaluations, obtaining needed signatures and submission to Human Resources.
- Send welcome packets and other promotional materials from Health Services to new employees at Boise State University.
5% Duties as AssignedKnowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to compose official correspondence, reports, research papers and other complex documents; providing administrative support to an administrator, director or senior staff member; designing manual and automated record management systems.
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices; bookkeeping; financial software; state and local government organization structure, functions, and decision-making processes.
Good knowledge of: office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
Experience: in interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements. Score within the top 25 on exam.
- Some college courses or completed degree
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications for this role as well as a resume with employment history.
Advertised: February 10, 2021
Applications close: February 28, 2021