Administrative Assistant 2
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223872
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and a minimum of four years' progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions, including two years at the Administrative Assistant 1 level.OR
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a State or Federal accrediting organization and seven years' progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Responsibilities The Administrative Assistant II creates a student-centered, welcoming environment for students visiting the Office of the Vice President for Enrollment & Student Affairs and Associate Vice President and Dean of Students. In addition, the position manages the calendar for the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs and the Associate Vice President and Dean of Students to include: sets meetings, handles all administrative work and scheduling for the student conduct process, hiring and personnel action processing in the portfolio of the AVP and Dean of Students, and assists with the planning and implementation of divisional events. This position provides administrative support for units within the portfolio of the AVP and Dean of Students, including Student Health, Student Support and Advocacy, Student Wellness, Student Counseling and Psychological Services, and Testing and Disability Services. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the administrative assistant for the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs and the Associate Vice President and Dean of Students to manage the calendar, meetings, and travel authorizations. Works closely with administrative support staff in the President's Office, Provost's Office, EVP's and VP's on their calendars and approvals (e.g., contacts, routing documents, etc.). Collects paperwork and documentation for the division. Maintains and protects all confidential verbal and written communication.
- Manage the office reception area for the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs and the AVP and Dean of Students. Supervise the student assistants. Answer telephone calls and greet visitors to the office. Manages equipment and computer inventory.
- Assist and provide administrative and budget support to AVP and Dean of Students such as expense statements, check requests, P-Card statements, personnel hiring/PCF, monthly budget reconciliation, prepares and processes requisitions and correspondence. Provides budget support to offices in the AVP and Dean of Student portfolio including Student Health, Student Wellness, Student Support and Advocacy, Student Counseling and Psychological Services, and Testing and Disability Services including, but not limited to monthly reconciliation and keeping department advised of budget status.
- Provides support for divisional campus events such as Memorial Ceremony, divisional year-end and kick-off meetings to include set-up and logistics.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: M-F Pay Grade: 12 Salary: $15.06/hr -$18.10/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 2/11/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University