Accountant IV - Business Office
Category:: Classified Staff
Department:: Business Office
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Feb 10, 2021
Closes:: Feb 25, 2021 - 11:59 PM EST
Position ID:: 128175
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
- Responsible for grants accounting in the Business Office and other general ledger accounting functions including but not limited to;
- Initiation of journal entries, preparation of monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, periodic reconciliation of Federal, State and other grant accounts.
- Monitoring and keeping a record of all accounting transactions in State of Massachusetts accounting system on a weekly basis.
- Extract daily reports from bank accounts and distributing them to relevant departments.
- Transmittal of checks and Electronic Fund transfers to the bank. Preparation of applicable schedules for quarterly financial statements.
- Maintain applicable excel spreadsheets.
- Any other duties assigned by the Comptroller and the Assistant Comptroller.
- Five years full-time or equivalent part-time Accounting experience including General Bookkeeping using a computerized system
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to work accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Knowledge and experience with Colleague Higher Educational software by Ellucian is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Massachusetts Management Accounting & Reporting System is an advantage
- An Associate's Degree in Accounting or a related field is preferred and may be substituted for one year of required experience. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field will be an advantage and may be substituted for two years of required experience
Salary: $2,215.91 bi-weekly
Closing date: February 25, 2021
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE