Assistant Program Director, Physician Assistant
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Program Director is a member of the faculty (rank commensurate with experience) who also holds an administrative appointment related to managing specific aspects of the Physician Assistant Program. Responsibilities include: classroom instruction, day-to-day program operations, assisting students toward successful program completion, and assisting the Program Director in achieving the Program Outcomes. The Assistant Program Director is co-responsible with the Program Director for the fiscal well-being of the program as it relates to education and helping to maintain/grow enrollment. The Assistant Program Director also participates in activities that promote the stature of the department and the campus and abides by the mandates set by Education Management Corporation, the South University Board of Trustees, University Chancellor, University Vice President – Academic Affairs, Campus President, and the local Executive Committee.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Perform instructional duties as assigned as outlined in the Faculty job description and in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Participates in faculty development each year as required.
- Assists with the administration of the Physician Assistant program with a focus on program curriculum development, evaluation, and quality improvement.Also assists with student advisement, community and campus relations.
- Support University programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the five year strategic plan.
- Collaborate with other administrators and faculty within own school and across schools and with the Department Chair re: scheduling, sharing faculty, curriculum and other.
- Assists in assuring compliance with accreditation criteria within two years or the length of the program, whichever is shorter.
- In the absence of a Program Director for the Physician Assistant Program, is co-responsible, with the Dean of the College of Health Professions, for accreditation activities on his/her campus which are normally handled by the Department Chair.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Program Director and/or the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs and Department Chair.
- Academic leadership experience in a university setting.
- Terminal degree in field from a regionally accredited university strongly preferred. Master’s degree with both significant experience and college-level teaching experience minimally required.
- Teaching experience in a university.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, and public groups.
- Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Other requirements specific to the discipline.
- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America