Job Title: Groundskeeper
Location: Facilities Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5675
Staff Posting Details Appointment: Regular, full time, (1.0) FTE.
- Communicate information freely with coworkers.
- Direct student staff members in grounds activities as needed.
- Perform all duties as needed associated with maintaining the campus landscape and outdoor activities.
- Responsible for labor, equipment, and materials on assigned projects.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Turf related tasks; mows, trims, edges, seeds, fertilizes, top-dress, aerates, stripes, rakes, waters.
- Bed related tasks; weed control manually and chemically, soil amendments, planting fertilizing, pruning shrubs (shearing and selective), pruning trees, mulching roads and walkways.
- Sweep, rake, blow clean, clear storm drain inlets.
- Snow and storm related clean-up.
- Support various campus construction projects, internal and external.
- Pickup garbage throughout campus, drive garbage truck to dump, clean garbage truck.
- Prune ivy on buildings.
- Apply pesticide and herbicide at the direction of the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Student Staff grounds workers
- Assign work (distribute work and guide priorities)
- Oversee work (supervise tasks or projects)
- Direct work (train staff, review and approve work)
- Knowledge of tasks and equipment associated with trade.
- Knowledge of safe operation of various vehicles.
- Knowledge of general landscape maintenance.
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Ability to direct student staff in ground related work.
- Ability to communicate in a manner that fosters team work in groups.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to be on-call for special needs and emergencies.
- Ability to operate single axel trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of landscape maintenance
- Occasionally pushing/pulling between 36-50 pounds
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.