Clinical Coordinator, Nursing Programs
Posting Number: :
0001031Job Title: :
Clinical Coordinator, Nursing ProgramsPosition Status: :
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month and is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
NursingJob Summary/Basic Function: :
The Clinical Coordinator coordinates clinical placements for all students within the Lee College Nursing Programs, and serves as a point of contact for all clinical affiliates.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate via email, phone, and/or in person with nurse educators and/or placement coordinators in hospitals and clinics to develop clinical placements.
- Coordinate with nursing faculty and/or director to determine the numbers of student placements needed at each semester, level, and type of experience needed (e.g., Pediatrics, Med-Surg, etc.).
- Identify facility requirements at each clinical placement location, such as orientation and required training, and communicate these clinical entry requirements to instructors and student groups in a timely manner. Keep a record of these requirements and update them as facility changes their expectations.
- Utilize the CCPS and Clinical Exchange programs to put in clinical requests for groups of students to meet facility deadlines.
- Confirm placements with nurse educators and/or placement coordinators in hospitals and clinics by timely follow up communications.
- Communicate confirmed or changed clinical placements with nursing faculty, director, and students as needed.
- Ensure the clinical affiliation agreements are current.
- Develop affiliations with new clinical partners to allow increased student learning opportunities.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include:
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- At least 2 years of experience in Nursing Education at the postsecondary level
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic hospital organization and hospital/clinic systems
- Excellent public relations skills
- Able to keep updated student and faculty health records
- Able to take initiative to solve or improve problems and situations proactively
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Previous clinical coordination experience preferred
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
02/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.