Manager of Scholarships & Financial Aid
Who we are:
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a relentless focus on the social determinants of health with an unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely free comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their families. Our educational programs reach students across 165 schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming that helps build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
Our approach is unique, with our owners personally overseeing these efforts. We are deeply committed to bringing positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve.
Our work also extends beyond the Central Valley. Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
A day in the life at Wonderful:
Wonderful Education's aim is to dramatically increase the number of college graduates from the Central Valley of California. Since 2013, the Wonderful College Success Program has served over 1,000 scholars from Wonderful Education's three feeder prep programs: children of Wonderful employees (including the Wonderful College Prep Academies), graduates of WCPA, and students who've successfully completed the Wonderful Ag Prep program. Through a holistic, individualized support program, robust summer programming to equip incoming first-years with the tools to succeed, and career development programming, the Wonderful College Success team guides each Scholar on his/her/their path toward earning a four-year degree.
The hallmark of the program is the Wonderful Scholarship awarded to Scholars who remain enrolled at a four-year institution, earn at least a 2.0 GPA and complete 12 or more units each term. Our team works regionally with dedicated staff in northern and southern California, the central coast, Kern county and Fresno county.
The College Success team is seeking a Scholarship & Financial Aid Manager who will serve the team in an administrative and programmatic role. This role can be based in the Central Valley or Los Angeles. This role will report to the Director, College Success, but will work closely with all members of the College Success team, Wonderful Education's high school programs, as well as Wonderful CSR's operational services (I.e., the finance and data teams). The ideal candidate will have experience working as an administrator in an educational or non-profit setting, and will bring expert knowledge of best practices with scholarship administration and/or financial aid and literacy. In addition to being the operational executor of the scholarship policy, this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of a robust financial aid and financial literacy initiative with the support the college success and prep teams, ensuring that all students and families are prepared for the financial realities of college.
Scholarship Program Management
* Under the leadership of the Director of College Success and in partnership with the Senior Director of Finance, investigate, develop, plan and implement Wonderful Education scholarship protocols.
* Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders: all members of the College Success team, Wonderful Education leadership, Wonderful CSR share service leaders, institutional partners in financial aid, and scholars.
* Serve as the primary administrator for the Wonderful Scholarship program. Key responsibilities include design the scholarship application under the guidance of the Director, develop administrative timeline with key internal stakeholders; administer the delivery of funds to institutions on behalf of Wonderful education and scholars
* Perform continuous process improvement based on the overall strategic goals and objectives set by Wonderful CSR, Education and the College Success Program.
* Develop, implement, and maintain written office policies and procedures to comply with internal and federal regulations and to facilitate efficient scholarship administration and disbursement
* Complete all operational tasks associated with the Wonderful Scholarship process
* Assist the Director in all reporting regarding scholarship administration, eligibility and impact.
Financial Aid & Literacy Lead
* Design comprehensive financial aid support program for Wonderful education to ensure knowledge-building for families and scholars throughout high school and 100% completion of financial aid applications for all high school seniors and college scholars.
* Serve as a thought leader and expert in Financial Aid processes at public and private institutions for Wonderful Education.
* Design Financial Aid training curriculum for staff and assist with lead workshops for College Prep and College Success programs
* Provide support for families to interpret financial aid packages and appeal.
* Design and implement financial literacy curriculum for college scholars beginning the spring/summer before college.
Your contribution to Wonderful:
* A minimum of 5 years in a demanding administrative or operational role in a fast-paced environment in higher education, financial aid and/or a non-profit setting
* Expert knowledge in scholarship administration and/or financial aid policies and practices
* A passion for data; knowledge of Salesforce is a plus (or an eagerness to learn)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel and Outlook
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills
* Comfortable switching gears at a moment's notice while maintaining laser-focus
* A positive, thoughtful team player who is ready to roll up their sleeves; can-do attitude
* A passion for educational access and equity If located in Los Angeles, ability to travel to the Central Valley regularly
Education & Experience:
* 5+ years of professional experience in higher education, financial aid, and/or finance
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent a plus
* Ability to work in diverse team environment
* A team player who feels comfortable directing work to others, asking questions and cultivating a collaborative work environment
* Can work independently while taking the initiative to ask for guidance, if needed
* Maturity in handling sensitive and confidential situations or information
Wonderful's dedication to you:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Wonderful Giving (com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.