Clinical Research Coordinator 2
Clinical Research Coordinator 2🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Feb 10, 2021 Post Date📅88436 Requisition #The Stanford Center Clinical Research (SCCR) has a mission to innovate, support and promote high impact global reaching clinical research to improve human health. The SCCR leverages the physical and intellectual resources of Stanford University and its affiliated teaching hospitals and research centers to achieve this mission. The teaching hospitals include both the Stanford Hospital and Clinics and VA Palo Alto Health Care System. The research centers include the Palo Alto Coordinating Center of the VA Cooperative Studies Program and the Stanford Quantitative Sciences Unit (QSU).Duties include:
- Oversee subject recruitment and study enrollment goals. Determine effective strategies for promoting/recruiting research participants and retaining participants in long-term clinical trials.
- Oversee data management for research projects. Develop and manage systems to organize, collect, report, and monitor data collection. Extract, analyze, and interpret data.
- Develop project schedules, targets, measurements, and accountabilities, as assigned. Lead team meetings and prepare/approve minutes.
- Formally supervise, train, and/or mentor new staff or students, as assigned, potentially including hiring, preparing or assisting with the preparation of performance evaluations, and performing related duties, in addition to instruction on project work.
- Audit operations, including laboratory procedures, to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; provide leadership in identifying and implementing corrective actions/processes. Monitor Institutional Review Board submissions, and respond to requests and questions.
- Collaborate with principal investigators and study sponsors, monitor and report serious adverse events, and resolve study queries.
- Provide leadership in determining, recommending, and implementing improvements to policies/processes; define best practices.
- Ensure regulatory compliance. Regularly inspect study document to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, including several years as a supervisor, mentor, or trainer
- Experience with large, complex, longitudinal research studies is desired
- Clinical Research recruitment experience, and/or experience working in an academic medical center or large health system strongly preferred
- Experience with marketing, advertising, and/or recruitment for clinical trials
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent public relations skills
- Ability to navigate complex systems and organizational structures
- Demonstrated understanding of program recruitment/retention and/or ability to be resourceful and tactical in solving recruitment/retention challenges
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups at all levels of authority. A proven capacity to set priorities, coordinate multiple assignments, work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment, exercising sound judgment in setting priorities with a strong attention to detail is also required
- Bachelor’s degree and three years relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA and FDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good Clinical Practices.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred. May require a valid California Driver’s License.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4923
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 88436