Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator 🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Feb 11, 2021 Post Date📅88450 Requisition #The Division is dedicated to institutional and community commitment to the development of research programs at Stanford that focus on clinical immunology. The Division of Immunology and Rheumatology has a longstanding tradition of excellence in patient care, and is among the leading groups in the School of Medicine in cutting edge bench research, clinical trial investigation and outcomes assessment research.The division is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator to perform administrative support duties related to the collection of clinical data and/or the coordination of clinical studies. Work under supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor. Duties include:
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate correspondence.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Perform basic measurements and tests on patients according to protocol, such as obtaining vital signs and performing phlebotomy and EKG, after appropriate training/certification. Collect study specimens according to protocol.
- Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
- Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4921
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88450