Assistant Sports Dietitian
Assistant Sports Dietitian🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States📁Health Care Services📅Feb 10, 2021 Post Date📅88440 Requisition #Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
You will be a full-time Sports Dietitian on our department staff which supports 36 Varsity Sports. You will provide nutrition resources to sport student-athletes and communicate regularly with teams, coaches, physicians, and staff. The position will report directly to the department director. Your responsibilities include:
- Provide individual nutrition counseling and performance nutrition education to teams.
- Develop nutrition education materials and outreach tools.
- Recruit and manage undergraduate student employees: hire volunteers, determine scheduling, employee training and training material updates.
- Assist with continuing education of student employees.
- Communicate with Sports Nutrition team, Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Sports Performance and Coaching staffs on student-athlete nutritional health and performance.
- Integrate point of service nutrition education to athletes fueling station experience. Maintain day to day oversight of fueling station.
- Be a Registered Dietitian.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in nutritional science, exercise science, or health related field.
- Have a proficiency in sports nutrition, including past experience in the collegiate or professional setting.
- Bring strong time management, oral, and written communication skills to the team.
- Have a willingness and ability to work non-standard work hours or work week (may include early morning, nights, weekends, or holidays).
- Have an ability to work independently and follow through on assignments. Be highly motivated to work as part of our growing sports nutrition team.
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) Master’s degree in nutritional science, exercise science, or health related field.
To Apply: Please apply online, where you will submit cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references. DAPER’s Integrity:This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations. Why Stanford is for you: Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4531
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 88440