Administrative Assistant I
Job no: 506915
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Administrative & Office Support
General Summary of Position: Serves as a member of the Office of University Registrar performing various enrollment-related transactions for students such as registration, grade reporting, transcript processing, transfer credit evaluation/posting, change of major, enrollment/degree verification, graduation, course scheduling data entry, etc. Functions as a backup to the Administrative Assistant II. Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED (Name and title of person from whom incumbent receives direction):
Receives functional supervision from the Administrative Assistant II, and direct supervision from Registrar, Associate Registrar, Assistant Registrar and Staff Associate as appropriate.
DIRECT REPORTING STAFF- THEIR STAFF- N/A
May supervise student workers.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform student enrollment functions via walk-in, telephone, email/written correspondence, etc. Direct questions or inquiries to other staff as appropriate.
- Provide procedural assistance to students, faculty, and staff regarding registration, records maintenance, and other inquiries.
- Evaluate and post transfer and test credits per established university guidelines.
- Process various enrollment transactions, including but not limited to, add/drop, pass/fail, audit, grade entry/grade change, course withdrawals, change of major and minor, and miscellaneous academic record updates.
- Investigate and resolve a variety of student course registration and academic record related inquiries and issues. Respond via appropriate communication (i.e. email, letter, telephone, etc.) to student, faculty and staff.
- Perform a variety of specialized electronic document imaging duties on a large volume basis; Scan student documents, check for accuracy and quality assurance; Data entry linking to individual student files; Correct inaccuracies. Manage document imaging queues and workflows. Responsible for document prep, document scanning, document indexing, and document quality control.
- Assist with class roster corrections with careful attention to detail including additional research of student status (withdrawn from all courses, etc.) and notifying appropriate staff/departments as needed.
- Assist with processing of student withdrawal and leave of absence requests.
- Assist with enrollment and degree verification and transcript processing.
- Assist with course scheduling data entry.
- Conduct student record research and provides requested documentation in support of University audits and academic information requests.
- Prepare and maintain confidential files for students, including academic records, transcripts, departmental records, etc.
- Assist with the data entry of graduation application processing and various commencement activities.
- Contribute to the development of office procedures and business workflow processes.
- Provide backup to other administrative staff in the Registrar's Office.
- Participate in the training of new staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management, or (B) any equivalent combination the required experience and the substitutions below:
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledge, skills, abilities):
Department: University Registrar
No. of Positions-1
Weekly Salary: $870.12*
*Note: Salary shown is subject to decrease per the terms of the Memorandum of Agreement signed between the union and University administration on 9/24/2020. This decrease will be in effect for the period of 9/27/2020 - 7/2/2021, after which time the salary will be adjusted back to this full rate.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON JOB (List knowledge’s, skills, abilities):
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is February 22, 2021
The deadline for EXTERNAL applicants is February 25, 2021
Advertised: 10 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time