Payroll Tax Administrator
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-10
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Payroll Tax Administrator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor, manage, and reconcile payroll taxes at the employer and employee level.
- Support the bi-weekly payroll process, including auditing and ensuring compliance with applicable tax regulations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Monitor and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings by tax service provider.
- Process ADP integration for on cycle and off cycle payroll processes and reconcile bi-weekly submission.
- Reconcile Payroll reports to 941s and W-2s.
- Generating and filing annual W-2 and W-2 corrections.
- Identify tax jurisdiction requirements and register for state and location tax agencies for payroll state/local/ unemployment tax. Update Workday and ADP.
- Research and reconciliation of payroll taxes from prior periods.
- Audits employee tax withholding information.
- Prepare annual payroll surveys and other monthly/periodic/annual reports as assigned.
- Prepare process documentation (desktop procedures).
- Collaborate with payroll accounting in reconciling payroll taxes to the general ledger.
- Enter and update account numbers, unemployment rates in Workday and ADP.
- Researching and resolving payroll tax notices in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge to communicate effectively, internally, and externally, regarding tax issues.
- Review and submit data for tax amendment filing to IRS and various jurisdictions as needed.
- Prepare and submit Power of Attorney (POA) as needed.
- Manage taxation for Non-resident Alien taxes including year-end process to generate, reconcile, distribute, and transmit 1042 and 1042-S forms to employees and IRS.
- Collaborate with university tax services to ensure proper payment of 1042 withholdings.
- Assist in any system upgrade or new module implementation or testing (Workday, ADP, OneSource Tax Navigator).
- Assist Payroll team members in analyzing tax information and determining taxation including evaluation of Tax Treaty benefits.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Perform payroll auditing and support bi-weekly payroll processing by assisting with related work as assigned.
- Special projects and research as assigned.
•Multi-state and local tax proficiency
•Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
•ADP knowledge and experience required
•Workday Software experience preferred
•Certified Payroll Professional preferred
•Thomson Reuter and CCH Payroll Tax Research Software experience preferred
•NRA Tax Navigator Software experience preferred
•Ability to Problem Solve/Critical-Thinker
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadline
•Ability to explain complex subjects in simple terms
•Eagerness to take initiative and work independently
•Aptitude and desire for continuous learning
•Proactive to problem solving
•Ability to work in a professional environment and handle confidential informationSalary:$65,000 - $80,000College or Department:Financial AffairsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-02-24-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.