Director of Football Video Production (5173U) 15341
Director of Football Video Production (5173U) 15341 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 24, 2021
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Director of Football Video Production.
This position will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing all creative video needs for the football program including set-up, shooting, editing raw footage, designing and producing innovative motion graphics for video usage across multiple platforms (in-house, website, social media, etc.). Must have experience accepting input on a project and feedback on a concept and implementing this information. This is a high pressure, Athletic Department environment where deadlines must be met.
- Coordinate content plan for all Cal Football video content.
- Develop, create, and execute weekly plans for team highlights, as well as recruiting and motivational videos containing the unique aspects of the football program and the university through original video content.
- Assist the recruiting coordinator in developing, creating and executing social media strategy and weekly content plans across football communication channels.
- Design and create all recruiting and signing day video materials at the request of the coaching staff to be used on signing day and throughout the year.
- Manage the football program's creative assets.
- Help with recruiting, training, and leading a group of creative interns/work-studies.
- Help develop, implement, and manage the football program's digital brand, ensuring all digital elements have a consistent look and feel, from visual imagery to content tone and cadence.
- Work with the university trademark and licensing specialist (and athletics) to make sure all graphics are made within university compliance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Football Head Coach.
- Assist with the organization of the video department facility and keep it stocked with necessary supplies.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all requisite software applications relative to video production and motion graphics and have the ability to put this knowledge into practice in the creation of Football video content.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Football Technology with respect to troubleshooting and repairing video equipment and development and management of a yearly budget.
- Prior experience in a professional video production setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to keep information confidential when appropriate.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite Software, specifically Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Experience accepting input on a project and feedback on a concept and implementing this information.
- Experience creating weekly or occasional motivational highlight videos for sports teams.
- Experience creating end of the year recruiting videos to be shown to potential student-athletes, at awards banquets and other football events. These videos must be completed using highly creative editing techniques and high impact music to deliver an emotional response that creates great pride in the California brand.
- Must have shown the ability to be a self-motivator and have a proven track record of working independently to complete assignments early or on-time in a stressful editing environment .
- Must be flexible to travel with assigned teams as required and work non-traditional hours.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pac-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, 1-year contract position.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=15341&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency