Assistant/Associate Professor of Sport Management
Assistant/Associate Professor of Sport Management
Job ID: 220600
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Kennesaw State's Sport Management program houses one of the most popular majors on campus and prepares students for leadership positions in settings ranging from community recreation centers to professional sports clubs. The program takes advantage of Atlanta's vast sports community, both in faculty and student research and in placements for student internships.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for two nine-month, tenure track faculty positions at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
- A teaching load of three courses in Fall and three in Spring is typical for tenure-track faculty members in the program, but alternative teaching loads may be negotiated with the department chair Some service to the Department/College/University is expected, along with professional/community service Candidates are expected to produce publishable academic research in reputable journals
- Minimum degree: earned doctorate or the foreign equivalent is required. Area of specialization: Sport Management or related field
- Ability to teach classes in our core curriculum, including Legal Aspects of Sports, Sports Information and Media, Sport Event Management, and Sport Facility Design and Management Ability to teach elective courses not currently being offered in the program Evidence of research productivity, including publication in reputable journals Experience teaching in-person as well as online or hybrid courses
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript from highest degree (official transcripts required upon hire)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Optional Documents to Attach
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interests
Apply Before Date
For full consideration, applications must be received by November 20, 2020.
For questions about this opportunity, please contact Dr. Joshua Pitts, Search Committee Chair, at 470-578-7846 or [email protected].
For general information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at [email protected]. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily completing all pre-employment screenings per the applicable policies and requirements for that position. Employment in all positions at Kennesaw State University (KSU) will minimally require a criminal background check. As determined appropriate, other screenings may also include confirmation of conferred education credentials, a consumer credit history check, a motor vehicle report, and/or a pre-employment drug screening. If called into question by the results of a background screening, a candidate's ability to demonstrate eligibility for employment will be evaluated in conjunction with USG policy, subject to the applicable federal and state laws, statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=220600&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency