Part Time Faculty Positions in Management
Part Time Faculty Positions in Management
Job ID: 220919
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a pool of open rank, part-time faculty positions. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience. Please note this position is for an expression of interest to identify a pool of qualified applicants that the department will hire beginning Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 (or other appropriate dates).
- Facilitate Course Instruction: Instruct graduate and/or undergraduate students in a specific field of study and/or expertise. Instruction can be designated by the resident department or school as either face-to-face, hybrid, or online modalities,
- Coordinate Content Development: Coordinate the development of course content and subject curriculum design with the academic department chair/school director or their representative(s). This can include, but is not limited to developing and managing the course syllabus to ensure that it meets department and college standards relating to accreditation and AOL requirements,
- Manage In-Class Interaction: Develop lectures, in-class discussions, exercises and assignments that support and emphasize established learning objectives for the course(s) being taught,
- Monitor Course Performance Data and Information: Monitor student learning outcomes, class reviews, and analyze student data to determine important trends,
- Maintain Course Administrative Requirements: Grade assigned papers, quizzes, and exams in a timely manner. Assess grades for students based on participation, performance in class as well as scores on assignments and examinations, all based on established grading rubrics. Learn and/or demonstrate user competency in resident Learning Management Systems (LMS) to include but not limited to: Brightspace D2L, Collaborate Ultra, MS Teams, Zoom, and Owlexpress.
- Engage in Student Advisory Activities: Advise students on how to be successful and achieve their academic and future professional goals,
- Maintain Field and Instructional Competency: Stay updated on innovations and changes within their course field. Participate in and complete professional development activities as required by the resident department or school.
Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Management or related field.
Required Documents to Attach
Cover Letter, CV, and Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire) are required.
Apply Before Date
Position is open until filled.
For questions about this position, please contact Dr. Mark Hiatt, Assistant Director of the Michael A. Leven School of Management, Entrepreneurship and Hospitality, Coles College of Business, at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=220919&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency