Supervisor, Custodial Services
Supervisor, Custodial Services
Job ID: 221081
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Supervises work performed by all custodial services employees in assigned zone and/or shift. Provides cleaning skills and general labor for assigned locations, buildings and/or facilities. Safely maintains assigned facilities and cleaning equipment. Provides leadership to ensure the cleanliness of buildings on campus.
- Supervises assigned staff, zone, location and/or shift in all aspects of cleaning
- Supervises and maintains team cleaning program using established cleaning tasks and frequencies
- Conducts quality control inspections and ensures established regulations, guidelines, protocols and processes are followed
- Completes special projects and special event setups per electronic system and work order assignment
- Manages all equipment by performing timely equipment inventory, inspection and repair
- Participates in the hiring, training, development, performance management and termination processes for assigned staff
- Ensures staff is trained on proper handling of equipment and cleaning chemicals as well as Material Safety Data Sheets and personal protective equipment
- Maintains appropriate supply inventory to ensure items are readily available for staff
- Assists custodial staff as needed in cleaning and maintaining areas of responsibility
High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Three (3) years related work experience
Previous supervisory or management experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of all custodial cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals
- Knowledge of soft and hard floor care processes and techniques
- Ability to follow and perform established routine cleaning processes
- Mechanical and technical knowledge as it relates to the position
- Knowledge of Materials Safety Data Sheets, Personal Protective Equipment, and awareness of safety protocols
- Knowledge of extraction, stripping, and refinishing floors
- Able to supervise custodial teams within locations, zones, shifts and/or buildings
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management and project management
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + DMV + Drug
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221081&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency