Laboratory Coordinator, Chemistry
Laboratory Coordinator, Chemistry
Job ID: 220950
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Assists in performing a variety of professional and technical functions for a multi-science instructional laboratory program. Maintains laboratory facilities in assigned college, department or unit and facilitate the operation of departmental labs. Oversees maintenance and repair of lab equipment and assist with lab requirements for projects. Responsible for the set up and tear down of labs and maintaining inventory of lab supplies and equipment. Ensures compliance with all lab regulations and develop and update lab preparation guides.
- Assists in performing a variety of professional and technical functions for a multi-science instructional laboratory program or a research laboratory operation
- Maintains laboratory facilities and may supervise other laboratory staff such as laboratory assistants, as assigned
- Purchases laboratory supplies and equipment, as assigned
- Maintains instructional laboratory stock
- Ensures supplies are available as required for lab sessions
- Prepares reagents and solutions needed for lab classes offered in departmental instructional labs
- Serves as Laboratory Compliance Officer for assigned areas, ensuring all chemicals are appropriately labeled and inventory and storage location reports are updated as necessary
- Assist Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) in maintaining current SDS (Safety data Sheets) records, making them available to students, faculty, staff and others as required by the University
- Manages hazardous waste collection and disposal for assigned areas in accordance with OSHA
- Provides set-up and materials for lab sessions in a timely manner, ensuring faculty requested materials and equipment are available in labs prior to start of lab sessions
- Places orders for reagents, supplies, and equipment facilitating invoicing process and maintaining laboratory purchase records
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a life science or physical science field, (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry required)
One (1) year relevant experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Masters of Science in a physical or life science field preferred
Teaching experience at an institution of higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of spectroscopy and chromatography
- Knowledge of use and storage of desktop spectrometers
- Knowledge of use and calibration and of pH meters
- Titration / standardization techniques in the preparation of solutions
- Able to comply with safety, purchasing and other related protocols.
- Able to recognize expected standard reaction results and identify when problems arise such as incorrect solution concentration, incorrect chemical or other unexpected results occur.
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Responsible and professional
- Work is performed with independence
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=220950&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency