Job ID: 221406
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Creates and implements technology solutions and pedagogical strategies by providing technical support to faculty. Provides support to faculty in designing online, hybrid and open courses that promote student learning. Offers instructional design support and guidance to subject matter experts in the creation of course content. Works collaboratively with other development team members in the production of courses. Provides general and technical advice to faculty during course design and development.
- Consults with faculty on a wide variety of issues or concerns to improve courses by integratingresearch-based practices
- Supports faculty in implementing engaging, research-based activities in online, hybrid, and faceto face courses to support student success
- Works within the learning management system for design assistance
- Assists faculty with hands-on support for on-line course development
- Designs, develops and implements micro-learning packages for faculty development
- Assists in the creation of learning objects based on faculty and departmental needs
- Provides support for faculty teaching, using technologies, developing and revising onlinecourses, etc.
- Works with staff to provide support for general educational tools training workshops
- Plans and designs online training programs for faculty who will be developing and teachingonline courses
- Monitors, documents, tracks and reports on work performed and outcome
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and instruction design theory through research andprofessional activities
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Instructional Design, Technical Communications or Educational related field
Two (2) years of related work experience in a teaching, learning or technology center, or corporate training
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge and experience with Desire2Learn Brightspace
Accessibility professional certifications (i.e. CPACC or WAS)
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Masters degree preferred
Previous experience in higher education
Previous experience in higher education and technology enhanced teaching and learning
Experience developing online courses in higher education
Experience with graphic design and video production
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Awareness of copyright considerations web content; Knowledge of emerging trends in educational technology; Knowledge of foundational learning science, pedagogical, and instructional design research
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills; Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Blackboard Collaborate, Desire2Learn Brightspace); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221406&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency