Job ID: 221523
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Performs general patrol and operational police duties, such as making arrests and enforcing criminal codes and statutes, assisting with investigations, and/or serving as a member of special teams or task forces as requested. Responsible for enforcement duties involving general and criminal regulations and institutional rules and regulations in order to provide for the protection, safety, and welfare of students, employees and property within the areas under the control and authorized jurisdiction of the agency. Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).
- Provides patrol shift coverage
- Provides for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting life and property, preventing crime, performing vehicular and pedestrian traffic direction
- Demonstrates successful engagement of the community oriented policing philosophy
- Enforces all applicable codes, ordinances, laws and regulations (both traffic and criminal)
- Renders aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries
- Interviews victims, suspects, and witnesses; prepares reports that document incidents and activities, and reviews facts to determine if criminal acts or statute violations exist
- Testifies in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic and criminal cases
High School diploma or equivalent and at least 21 years of age
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Successfully completed State of Georgia mandated Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) training (physically and scholastically) and complies with all POST requirements within one (1) year of employment
Must maintain Georgia POST Peace Officer Basic Certification
May be required to obtain and maintain additional certifications as related to assignment
On the job training
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Community Outreach experience preferred
Volunteer experience with a community service organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to fulfill all the essential duties of a police officer
- Ability to learn and enforce Georgia laws, federal laws, and applicable university and Board of Regents rules and regulations
- Able to relate with the general public and representatives of other law enforcement agencies in coordinating activities and resolving issues
- Must be committed to and demonstrate successful engagement of the community oriented policing philosophy
- Demonstrates a high degree of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to attend law enforcement training programs at the state, region and/or national level
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and electronic mail Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Will be subject to working after hours, weekends, and holidays and/or being called into work for emergencies or disasters
- Proficient in the use of position related equipment, including but not limited to police vehicle, 2-way radio, computer, lethal and non-lethal weapons and restraint devices Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
Eligible for Tuition Assistance. (Be continuously employed in a full-time benefited position for at least six months)
- Standard Enhanced + DMV + Drug
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221523&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency