Senior Enterprise Network Engineer
Senior Enterprise Network Engineer
Job ID: 221524
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides high level engineering expertise across the full lifecycle of the systems, services and solutions provided by the Enterprise Network Engineering group. The Enterprise Network Engineering group provides networking systems, related services, and solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, voice and data networks, WiFi, Internet connectivity, VoIP systems, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, VPN, physical network cabling.
- Envisions, designs and implements the full lifecycle of complex enterprise networking related systems, services and solutions, ensuring their quality, stability, recoverability and security
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Automates complex system management tasks
- Diagnoses and resolves complex problems
- Reviews and validates changes for impact on network security posture
- Develops and maintains documentation of systems, services, processes, and procedures
- Mentors junior staff
- Provides on call support responding to incidents on nights and weekends
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Five (5) years of related IT experience demonstrating a progression of dealing with increasingly complex systems
- Experience working in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to diagnose and resolve complex problems Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
- Able to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions
- Able to function with autonomy, making sound and timely decisions as appropriate, and using good judgement to determine which decisions should be escalated
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time and meeting assigned deadlines
- Able to design, analyze, evaluate and implement network related systems, services, and solutions
- Must be well versed in current and emerging technologies, technological trends, and industry best practices for their areas of responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of network infrastructure operations
- In-depth knowledge of networking equipment, cabling standards, network protocols, and advanced network services
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=221524&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency